Genting Bus Crash during Hungry Ghosts Festival!
The worst motor accident in Malaysia’s history happened during the Hungry Ghosts Festival. Were the supernatural souls from the afterworld involved?
“37 killed, 16 injured in Malaysia’s worst accident,” as reported by the mainstream and the internet media. The ill-fated bus was on the Genting up-downhill road on the privately owned by Genting Malaysia Berhad.
Resort World Genting’s Logo
The Genting Sempah road is infamous for a string of mysterious incidents and I have written about it previously in “Apparitions at Genting Sempah-Genting Highlands Highway” and “Ghost Sightings at Genting Sempah, Selangor”.
Bus Crashed at Genting Highlands
According to some Chinese beliefs, the Hungry Ghosts Month they do NOT :
1. Hang out late
2. Spit in the street or tree
3. Stare at the candlelight or burning fire
4. Step On Or Kick offering items / joss sticks along the Roadside
5. Cover up your forehead at night; always pin or put up your hair as high as possible
6. Stare at “them” if you really saw one; look or walk away calmly
7. Make funny jokes or comments on any display altar / offering items along the street
8. Look underneath the altar table when there is a prayer session
9. Shift your eyeballs from left to right or right to left repeatedly if you sensed something; always look straight and walk toward your destination calmly
10. Sniff and follow any pleasant or sweet smell ahead of you
11. Sit on the first few Front Rows of any public Chinese Operas
12. Open your umbrella at night, especially red color type
13. Wear red color costume with high heels and walk alone at night
14. Pick up any unique items found on the street or road
15. Stand Under a Tree in the middle of the night
16. Wait at The Bus Stop after Mid-Night especially already passed the bus service operating hours
17. Whistle alone at night; you may found someone singing along with you
18. Hang your clothes out in the middle of the night
19. Walk in the dark and near the walls; something maybe visible at your side view
20. Answer or respond when someone calls you, especially from behind
21. Turn your head when someone pat or tap on your shoulders in the middle of the street
22. Use any Dark or Black color manicure
23. Comb your hair in front of the mirror in the middle of the night
24. Shout or scream in the middle of the night, stay as quiet as possible if you felt sudden coldness
25. Get emotional and cry in the middle of the night
26. Leave your bleeding wounds in an open air; always cover up the area with plasters or other bandage materials
27. Be a curious person or hero, if you hear some “strange” sound or noise, especially soft crying tone; always act blur.
28. Swim in the pool or lake in the middle of the night; something maybe waiting to pull your legs
29. Play at the playground in the middle of the night; especially the swings
30. Take up the challenge to enter cemetery area or abandoned houses
Before the bus crash in the Genting Highlands incident, a witness saw a group of wavy apparitions waiting at the roadside. Some people believe that it were vicious souls from the underworld, souls of the death waiting to reincarnate by taking the lives of people from the bus!