Tsunami in 2004
A tsunami is a series of water waves caused by the displacement of a large volume of a body of water, typically an ocean or a large lake. Tsunami waves do not resemble normal sea waves, because their wavelength is far longer. Rather than appearing as a breaking wave, a tsunami may instead initially resemble a rapidly rising tide, and for this reason they are often referred to as tidal waves.- Wikepedia
The region is regularly hit by earthquakes. The Indian Ocean tsunami of December 26, 2004 killed 170,000 people in Aceh alone and some 250,000 around the region demolishing property from Africa to Thailand. Those that were affected an impregnable huge wall of sea waves crashed relentlessly into them. This aftermath does not include the numerous lives of people who are affected by the death of loved ones.
A Tsunami survivor
Numerous articles from the print media and the internet has been printed and digested. At the same time, many stories and tales about the Tsunami about the haunting about the ghosts and spirits that haunt the death.
Some of the common stories and weird tales are :
1. Shouts from the dead tourists and locals looking after their sons and daughters
2. Reported that the sound of children and kids mournfully wails and cries have been heard
3. Reported that people were happily walking and simply disappeared
4. “People” are wandering lost and cannot find the way back
5. Doctors, nurses and relief workers with their own tragic tales and eerie experiences
6. Taxi drivers encountering strange and unworldly requests
7. And many more…
I personally know a journalist a local newspaper and he went to Aceh in Indonesia and he said it is unbelievable tragedy. He also recounted and really scary and absolutely eerie experiences. Maybe I will write about it about at another time…
In the meantime, I sincerely hope that all the victims of Tsunami in2004 will Rest in Peace.